This week on Dialogos Radio, the Dialogos Interview Series will be featuring an interview with professor Nikos Alexiou of Queens College in New York City. Alexiou has extensively studied and researched the Greek-American community, and has recently launched an oral history project of Greek-Americans, primarily from the New York City area, where he will collect the stories, experiences, and recollections of members of New York City’s Greek community. He will discuss the oral history project in this interview, as well as the past, present, and future of the Greek-American community.
This interview will air in Greek this Tuesday at 10:15 am (Greek time) on City International 106.1 FM in the Thessaloniki region and online at www.cityinternational.gr; and on Saturday and Sunday at 5 pm (Greek time) on Star Radio 104.6 FM in Rodos and Symi and online at www.starradio.com.gr. The interview will air in English on Thursday at 1:30 pm (Eastern time) on WUSB 90.1 FM (in the Long Island, NY region) and online at www.wusb.fm, and on Friday at 9 am (Central time) on KVRX online at www.kvrx.org.
Three new Dialogos Radio podcasts are now available! Listen to and download our interviews with Nikolaos Kakavoulis, the founder and CEO of the Daily Secret group of websites, available in both English and Greek. In addition, listen to and download the recent interview about Dialogos Radio, featuring producer/host Michael Nevradakis, which aired on The Voice of Greece.
The podcasts are available here on our websites, in the “podcasts” section above, and are also available in iTunes, TuneIn.com, the BlackBerry podcast directory, and the official Dialogos Radio app for Android devices!
Here is the playlist for the Dialogos Radio broadcast which aired during the week of May 9, 2013:
1. Rita Sakellariou – Mia Zoi Plirono
2. Giannis Kalaitzis – Delfini Delfinaki
3. Lydia Giota – I Poio Megali Ora
4. Eleni Vitali – Kai Mbikame Sta Xronia
5. Dimitris Mitropanos – Mia Stasi Edo
6. Dimitris Basis – Spasmeno Karavi
7. Haris Alexiou – Ximeroni
8. Nikos Papazoglou – Fisikse o Vardaris
9. Giannis Kotsiras – Pos Mboro
10. Giannis Savvidakis – Deka Magisses
11. Melina Aslanidou – To Lathos
12. Manolis Lidakis & Eleni Tsaligopoulou – Ximeroma 1hs Ianouariou 2000
We are excited to announce that our radio program, Dialogos Radio, and its producer/host, Michael Nevradakis, will be featured on The Voice of Greece. This feature, which will focus on Dialogos Radio as well as Michael Nevradakis’ academic and journalistic work in Greece, and a discussion of the Greek diaspora in the United States, will air on the “O Taxydromos” radio program, hosted by Natassa Visarrionos, on Thursday, May 9th at 11 am GR (9 am GMT, 4 am Eastern).
The Voice of Greece can be heard through the following platforms:
- On 106.7 FM in the greater Athens region (and in much of Greece on 666 AM)
- Online via www.voiceofgreece.gr
- Via satellite all around the world, including via Dish Network in the United States on channel 9834
- Worldwide via shortwave radio
This week on our broadcast, as part of the Dialogos Interview Series, we will be featuring an interview with Nikolaos Kakavoulis, the founder and CEO of Daily Secret, a group of websites featuring interesting “secrets” and attractions in dozens of cities and countries throughout the world. Having begun purely as a project based in Athens, Greece, Daily Secret has since expanded well beyond Greece and is considered one of Greece’s entrepreneurial success stories of the past few years, in the midst of the economic crisis that the country–and much of the world–have both faced. This interview will air in Greek this week on our broadcasts in Thessaloniki and Rodos on City International 106.1 and Star Radio 104.6, respectively, and in English on our broadcasts in New York on WUSB and Texas on KVRX.
This past week, we aired the Dialogos Radio Easter Music Special, with appropriate songs selected for the most significant holiday in the Greek and Greek Orthodox cultures. Here are the songs we played on our broadcast:
- Vangelis Papathanasiou & Irini Papa – O Glyki Mou Er
- Dimitris Zahos – Mia Voskopoula Agapisa
- Alkionos Ioannidis – Megali Pempti
- Giorgos Dalaras – Otan Anthizoun Pashalies
- Domna Samiou – Mai Mou Me Ta Louloudia
- Pantelis Thalassinos – Itan Anixi Kai Pasha
- Glykeria – I Zoi En Tafo
The full recording of this past week’s broadcast is available via the “on demand” link at the top of this page, or via the “most recent broadcasts” box on the right-hand side of our website.
This week on Dialogos Radio, our broadcast will feature music commemorating Greek Orthodox Easter, which will be celebrated on Sunday, May 5th. In addition, we will also feature one of our best interviews, with world-renowned scholar Noam Chomsky, on our broadcast. Tune in to hear our special musical dedication to the most important holiday in the Greek culture, today at 1:30 pm Eastern on WUSB 90.1 FM, and this Friday at 9 am Central on KVRX!
The podcasts of our recent interview with the Boston-area nurse Heidi Gerostergios are now available! The podcasts are available in English, and in a version that has been translated into Greek. In this interview, Heidi discussed her experiences working in a Boston-area hospital and receiving patients on the day of the bombings at the Boston Marathon. Listen to or download the podcasts from the “latest podcasts” box on the right-hand side of this page, or simply by clicking on “podcasts” on the menu above. Our podcasts are also available in iTunes, in TuneIn.com, the BlackBerry podcast directory, on our mobile app for Android devices, and elsewhere!
It was a music-filled broadcast this week on Dialogos Radio. Here is the full Dialogos Radio playlist for our broadcast which aired during the week of April 25, 2013:
- Zoe Fitousi – Ta Dakria Mou Einai Kafta
- Giannis Vogiatzis – Sou To Pa Mia Kai Duo Kai Treis
- Tzeni Vanou – Agapi Pou’ Gines Dikopo Mahairi
- Viky Mosholiou – Pai Pai
- Giannis Poulopoulos – File Mou
- Eleftheria Arvanitaki – To Kokkino Foustani
- Pantelis Thalassinos – I Perdika
- Eleni Tsaligopoulou – San Tis Vrohoulas To Nero
- Giorgos Dalaras – Mia Vradia sto Leverkouzen
- Miltiadis Pashalidis – Iraklio Kalamata
- Alkistis Protopsalti – Zita Mou Oti Thes
- Xaris & Panos Katsimihas – An Eisai Theos
- Notis Sfakianakis – Treli Vrohi
- Antonis Remos – Rita Ritaki
Reuters / Dan Lampariello
This week on our radio program, we will be featuring an interview with Heidi Gerostergios, a Greek-American nurse from the Boston area who was on active duty on the day of the bombings at the Boston Marathon. Heidi will discuss her experiences treating and observing injured patients who were taken to the hospital after the bombings, and will describe the first few hours following the attacks and the reaction both in the hospital and in the city of Boston more broadly. Hear this special interview this week on Dialogos Radio and our broadcasts in Thessaloniki, New York, Texas, Rodos, and Symi.